About this Item
- BENEFITS: Compression support for greater protection for abductor, glute, quad and hamstring muscles| Increased muscle alignment and agility | Reduced muscle damage and risk of overuse injuries
- TECH: Lightweight and powerful PWX fabrics| Multi-directional stretch | Flexible and breathable | PWX 70D front and 105D back panels
- FEATURES: Drawstring waistband | Flatlock seams | Moisture wicking | UPF50+ sun protection |
- Active Use: medium to high impact training, competition, aerobic sports, running, yoga, spin, pilates, gym/fitness, climbing, hiking and winter sports, cross training and HIIT (high intensity interval training)
- SIZING: See COMPRESSION specific SIZE CHART | Warranty + Care: 12 month warranty with proof of purchase. Machine wash in cold water and hang to dry.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package dimensions : 2.54 x 2.54 x 2.54 cm; 453.59 Grams
- Date First Available : 11 January 2017
- Manufacturer : 2XU Pty Ltd
- ASIN : B01IFLS1R4
- Item model number : MA3851b
- Department : Mens
- Best Sellers Rank: 7,514 in Sporting Goods (See Top 100 in Sporting Goods)
- Customer reviews:
At the gym, on the court, in the field or pounding the pavement, the Core Compression Shorts provide powerful muscle support and protection for the upper leg. Pair with 2XU Compression Socks or Calf Sleeves for graduated compression benefits.
TRAINING / BALLSPORTS / RUNNING
1. Compression support to adductor, glute, quad and hamstring muscles to reduce muscle vibration 2. PWX 70D front and 105D back panels 3. Drawstring waistband for secure fit 4. Flatlock seams to reduce chafing
1. Lightweight yet powerful PWX fabrics 2. Durable yarns that outlasts the competition 3. Multi-directional stretch 4. Flexible & breathable 5. Moisture wicking yarns to help keep you dry 6. UPF50+ sun protection 7.
• Reduced muscle fatigue and soreness • Reduced muscle damage and risk of overuse injuries • Improved performance • Improved muscle alignment • Increased agility
2XU founded in Australia in 2005, 2XU graduated compression is designed in consultation with industry experts and backed with independent, scientific research by the Australian Institute of Sport. 2XU is the brand of choice for the world’s best athletes and sports teams in more than 40 countries worldwide. 2XU empowers athletes to train, perform, and recover in record time.
2XU Perform Compression Tights
Designed to maximize athletic performance by stabilizing muscles, increasing circulation, and speeding recovery. Constructed from our signature PWX (Power-Weight-Flex) fabric, these tights provide an unparalleled combination of powerful compression, lightweight feel, and maximum flexibility.
- Powerful Graduated Compression
- Seasonal Prints
Powerful Graduated Compression
2XU graduated compression promotes circulation and reduces inflammation to help you train harder and recover faster.
Durable and Lightweight
Lightweight for maximum breathability and built to withstand even the toughest conditions.
Maximum flexibility to support dynamic movements in any direction with flat seams to keep you chafe-free.
All of the performance maximizing technology in bold seasonal prints.
|Compression Rating||20-30 mmHg||20-25 mmHg||25-30 mmHg & 20-25 mmHg||15-20 mmHg|
|Compression Profile||Strong graduated compression with MCS (Muscle Containment Stamping) for targeted muscle support||Strong Graduated Compression||Options in strong and moderate graduated compression||Moderate graduated compression calibrated for air travel|
|Recommended Activities||Higher Impact||Medium to Higher Impact||Recovery||Travel|
|Lengths||Full, 3/4, Shorts||Full, 7/8, 3/4, Shorts, 1/2 Shorts||Full & Full with Stirrups||Full|
|Fabric||MCS & PWX||PWX & Thermal PWX||PWX||Interlock|
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
In the last few years I have tried Adidas, Nike, Under Amour and a few lesser known brands. So I think I can give an honest and thorough review of my 2XU Compression shorts MA3851b.
On the plus side:
They are well made, the leg inseam is about 9 inches so even taller people will find these shorts cover your quadriceps. I like the fact the shorts have a tie string to tighten waist if you need for a snug tight.
They do not chafe me so they are comfortable to wear for long periods and can be used either in the gym or for running. Another plus is the compression is firmer then other brands giving your muscles more support and thus less vibration.
On the down side:
Like all other big brands of compression shorts all full price they are over priced. I don't think that is going to change any time soon but I would urge people to look out for when the items are on sale. Even though I hand wash all my compression shorts by hand, over time the compression loosens and thus is not as effective. Since the marketing of compression wear has become big business I do feel writers who review these products should be more insightful and sound less like a cheerleader. I do believe that all major sports brands could charge less for their products if they did not waste company money sponsoring already wealthy athletes to tell us how good something is.
Having contacted 2XU they suggested raising the issue with Amazon which I did and am happy to say they have replaced the faulty item. The new pair have not stitching issues and are so far comfortable and not causing any issues.