|Number Of Items||1|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Item model number||J26-0013|
|Product Dimensions||25.4 x 25.4 x 15.24 cm; 1.04 Kilograms|
Joyce Chen Bamboo Steamer Set, 10-inch
- 2-tier bamboo steamer; designed by famous restaurateur Joyce Chen
- 2 stackable baskets made of woven bamboo; domed lid traps moisture
- Designed for use inside a wok or over a stockpot; ideal for dim sum
- Leverages steam cooking to produce healthy foods; avoids fats and grease
- Measures 10 inches in diameter; gift-boxed; hand wash with water
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Cook effectively and efficiently with this well-designed bamboo steamer. For wok or stockpot use, bamboo steamers are typically used for cooking dim sum and other traditional steamed foods. Steaming foods also gives an added health advantage over pan frying and sauteing, because you don't have to use extra oils and food retains more of it's natural nutrients and vitamins. Featuring a domed lid to trap steam and two baskets (two tiers) to hold foods, the steamer fits comfortably into a wok or stockpot (recommended 2 inches larger than steamer diameter), and is a testament to Joyce Chen's high standards. 10" diameter x 6" H
Joyce Chen opened her first restaurant in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1958. She found that the selection and quality of Chinese cookware in America didn't live up to her high standards… so she developed her own. Today, Joyce Chen Products sources from all over the Pacific Rim to bring the best of Asia to you.
3-Piece Bamboo Steamer Sets
By Joyce Chen
The 3-Tier Bamboo Steamers from Joyce Chen come in a 6, 10, or 12 inch diameter size. These steamers are perfect for dumplings, veggies, fish and more - with 3-tiers there's room to cook multiple food at once. Plus, steaming is a healthier way to cook as it preserves more nutrients and requires less fat than cooking with oil or butter.
- Available in 6, 10 or 12 inch diameters
- Easy to use, just place in a wok or pan with a small amount of water and heat
- Easy to clean by hand, dry before storing
- The authentic way to cook many Asian cusines
Joyce Chen offers steaming papers specially designed for the 3-tier bamboo steamers. These papers help keep your steamer clean, catching and absorbing any drips and juices. Holes in the papers allow steam to pass through, aiding in the steaming process. These papers also make it easier to lift and remove foods from the steamer.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Overall it works great. Both levels steam great. I keep it from getting too gunked up by lining the bottom with cabbage or lettuce leaves. It wipes clean with a sponge, and then I air dry it. I've heard that they can get mold if not fully dried. And the design is very simple but attractive. So far so great!
- High quality. These steamers feel sturdy and well constructed.
- Cooks fast. Asparagus takes less than 5 minutes to steam on high heat.
- Comes with 3 levels for steaming multiple items at once
1. Fill a pot about 1/4 of the way with water (make sure the water level isn't high enough to touch the steamers or boil over) and turn it on medium high to high heat.
2. Place the steamers over the opening of the pot.
3. Place food in the steamer, cover, and wait.
I've used many steamers in the past that were nowhere near as good as this one. I highly recommend this product!