|Mounting Hardware||Cast iron wok|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Material Type||Cast Iron|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Includes AC Adapter||No|
|Item model number||P14W3|
|Product Dimensions||45.87 x 36.98 x 11.28 cm; 4.99 Kilograms|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Lodge P14W3 Seasoned Cast Iron Wok, 14 inch,Black
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- 14 inch diameter Cast Iron Wok
- Sturdy flat base keeps wok stationary on the stovetop
- Use on Electric, Gas or Induction stove top. Can be used in the oven
- Seasoned with oil for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Made in USA
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
With its contemporary style, curved lines and legendary cooking performance, the Lodge 14" Cast Iron Wok is an over-sized vessel that is the perfect size for cooking generous amounts of your favorite stir-fry recipes. The cast iron properties of this wok provide superior heat retention and allows for even heating throughout, ensuring your food is properly cooked. Designed with two assist loop handles which offer a safe, secure grip. The unique flat bottom allows you to use an electric or gas range without a ring to hold the wok steady as it transfers the heat rapidly from the burner to the wok. If you like to deep fry, this wok will run circles around most any cookware and requires less oil. Proudly made in the USA since 1896. Lodge proudly continues the legacy which began more than a century ago with Joseph Lodge. Cast iron is economical and durable. Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use. Seasoning is a necessary step in using cast iron cookware. Oil is baked into the pores of the iron at the foundry to prevent rusting and to eventually provide a natural, non-stick cooking surface. After cooking, clean wok with a stiff nylon brush and hot water. Using soap is not recommended, and harsh detergents should never be used. Avoid putting hot cast iron into cold water. Thermal shock can occur causing the metal to warp or crack. If you are having trouble removing stuck-on food, boil some water in your wok for a few minutes to loosen residue, making it easier to remove. Towel dry immediately and apply a light coating of oil to the wok while it is still warm. Store in a cool, dry place.
14 Inch Seasoned Cast Iron Wok
The Lodge Cast Iron Wok is made of cast iron, which retains heat better than other metals and makes for short work of everything from a stir fry to a summer vegetable sauté. The flattened bottom is ideal for all cooking surfaces, including induction.
Product at a Glance
- Brutally tough for decades of cooking
- Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating
- Great for the oven, grill or over the campfire
Why Buy Lodge Cast Iron
As the only full line of American-made cast iron cookware, Lodge boasts quality that has been unmatched for over a century. Even heating, a natural easy-release finish, versatility and durability are the hallmarks of our great cookware. We don't just make cast iron; we make heirlooms that bring people together for generations.
About Lodge Cast Iron
Founded in 1896, the Lodge family has been making high quality cookware and accessories for over a century. Lodge Cast Iron operates two foundries on the banks of the Tennessee River in the small town of South Pittsburg, Tennessee; a town Lodge is proud to call home. The company is built on family values, American history, and high quality cookware. All Lodge seasoned cast iron and carbon steel cookware is proudly made in the USA, meaning you’ll get craftsmanship that has been passed down through generations.
Cooking And Caring For Your Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron
Caring for your cast iron doesn’t have to be complicated. Lodge cookware comes already seasoned and ready to use, so you can make your family's favorite recipes right away. You can use it on any heat source, from the stove top to the campfire (just not the microwave!). The more you use it, the better the seasoning will get.
- Wash cast iron by hand with mild soap or none at all.
- Dry promptly and thoroughly with a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
- Rub with a very light layer of vegetable oil, preferably while the cookware is still warm.
- Hang or store cookware in a dry place.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
I paid for this product and wasn't compensated in any way. If you found this review helpful, please click on the Helpful button below.
Este wok tiene buen desempeño con el manejo de calor y si en los sartenes no tengo problemas para freír empanadas, con este además de no tener problemas gastaré menos aceite.
Ventajas de este tipo de productos:
- la capa antiadherente es reconstituible
- no se doblan ni se "aflojan" las asas con el tiempo, pues esta forjada en una pieza
- no requiere el uso de utensilios especiales para cocinar
- por su retención de calor ahorras combustible (en mi caso Gas L.P.)
- puedes cocinar con muy poca grasa (y cuando digo muy poca es muuuuuuy poca)
- lo puedes poner en cualquier tipo de fuente de calor sin problema
Los puntos que voy a poner no son desventajas como tal, al menos para mí, si no las actividades adicionales y consideraciones que hay que tener con ellos
- Lavar con cepillo de cerda dura y jabón suave (nada de "arranca grasa") preferentemente
- Secar e hidratar con aceite
- Puede ser frustrante al inicio su uso por que uno no acostumbra a "esperar" a que un sartén común se caliente
- Uso obligatorio de guantes para su manejo
- El peso podría hacerlos poco manejables para personas mayores (aunque para eso hay una gamma hecha en acero y son mas livianos)