|Item Height||0.94 inches|
|Item Width||3.15 inches|
|Hard Drive Size||1 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Solid State Hard Drive|
|Hard Drive Interface||NVMe|
|Are Batteries Included||No|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||Batteries contained in equipment|
|Item model number||MZ-V8P1T0B/AM|
|Product Dimensions||2.21 x 8 x 2.39 cm; 30 Grams|
SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 Internal Gaming SSD M.2 (MZ-V8P1T0B)
|Digital storage capacity||1 TB|
|Hard disk interface||NVMe|
|Model name||980 PRO|
|Specific uses for product||Multimedia, Gaming, Business|
About this item
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- NEXT-LEVEL SSD PERFORMANCE: Unleash the power of Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD for next-level computing
- MAXIMUM SPEED: 980 PRO is raising the bar for NVMe SSDs, delivering read speeds up to 7,000 MB s
- A WINNING COMBINATION: Designed for gamers and tech-savvy users, the 980 PRO offers high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics, and more
- EFFICIENT M.2 SSD: The 980 PRO comes in a compact M.2 2280 form factor, thus optimizing power efficiency, making it ideal for building high-performance computing systems
- RELIABLE THERMAL CONTROL: To ensure stable performance, the 980 PRO uses nickel coating to help manage the controller's heat level and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip
- SMART THERMAL SOLUTION: Embedded with Samsung's cutting-edge thermal control algorithm, 980 PRO manages heat on its own to deliver durable and reliable performance, while minimizing performance fluctuations during extended usage
- SAMSUNG MAGICIAN: A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance
- FLASH MEMORY BRAND: All firmware and components, including Samsung's world-renowned DRAM and NAND, are produced in-house, allowing end-to-end integration for quality you can trust
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Unleash the power of the Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD for next-level computing. 980 PRO delivers 2x the data transfer rate of PCIe 3.0, while maintaining compatibility with PCIe 3.0.The NVM Express design mark is a registered trademark of NVM Express, Inc. Results are based on a comparison with Samsung PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSDs and SATA SSDs.
Review this product
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Singapore
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Ian Tan on 15 June 2021
By DanClook on 25 June 2021
By hawktang on 29 June 2021
Top reviews from other countries
Segundo, los números que obtienes de lectura y escritura son impresionantes. Sin embargo, la diferencia de usar esta unidad en comparación con una PCI 3.0 en el uso diario prácticamente no se va a notar. Sólo en las tareas que requieran un uso intensivo del almacenamiento podrás notar la diferencia. Por lo tanto si el uso de tu computadora es para tareas básicas, no valdrá la pena gastar en esta unidad.
Tercero, si tienes PCIe 4.0 y requieres la agilidad que te puede dar esta unidad, entonces esta es de las mejores opciones y por lo menos más barata comparada con las unidades PCIe 4.0 de Sabrent y Segate.
Para aprovechar toda la velocidad se necesita una motherboard que soporte PCIe 4.0
So, am I satisfied? Yes, af course. I hope so for 300$ CAD!
Samsung lost a star because of 2 things. First, I was about to peel off the sticker so I could put a heatsink on top of the card until I did some research to find out that the sticker itself was a way to reduce a bit of heat from the drive. THIS detail should have been in the instructions booklet of Samsung. If you want to install a heatsink, simply intall it over the sticker WITHOUT peeling it. Other point, at THAT price, I would have expected a small set of screws to put on the board because if I want to have 2 NVMe drives on my bpard, I cannot anymore because I used the second screw onboard for this drive. I also did not see any options for an added heatsink because I have read on many reviews that this drive does generate a bit more heat than its competitors. The second thing that made it loose a star is the availablility of the Magician software. I had to wait 2 days for the software to be available on Samsung's own website. AND the app itself is not very clear on what to do. I personally find it hard for new commers like me in the NVMe world to know what to do with what is being shown. So, I am not impressed by the software side either.
Asside from these, I'm happy with my purchase but the 300$ price is still triggering a little something inside and that's the 1Tb version, the 2Tb and 4Tb are just for rich people and my 1Tb was a luxury buy because there were many other options to choose from, XPG, Sabrent, WD all had some good sides too and all have PCIe Gen 4 supported NVMe drives at cheaper prices, although XPG is the cheapest out there. I am satisfied with my purchase.
If you have the extra money after spending for a decent graphics card, CPU, RAM and Motherboard, then YES, I recommend this drive, or else, cheaper drives or even Gen 3 drives are more than enough and worth it to spare a few hundred dollars.